Обсуждение: Encrypted Database?

Encrypted Database?

От
"Linn Kubler"
Дата:
Hi,

Someone just asked me if Postgres databases are encrypted, does it support
"encrypted database" was the phrase he used.  Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,
Linn

--
Please remove the number two from domain name for email.

Re: Encrypted Database?

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 05:30:07PM -0600, Linn Kubler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone just asked me if Postgres databases are encrypted, does it support
> "encrypted database" was the phrase he used.  Could someone enlighten me?

Have a look at contrib/pgcrypto.  It might do what you need.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: Encrypted Database?

Дата:
Linn Kubler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone just asked me if Postgres databases are encrypted, does it support
> "encrypted database" was the phrase he used.  Could someone enlighten me?

We support encryption of specific data values using /contrib/pgcrypto.
We don't have an all-db encryption. I recommend an encrypted file system
for that.

Re: Encrypted Database?

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
"Linn Kubler" <lkubler@ecw2.org> writes:
> Someone just asked me if Postgres databases are encrypted, does it support
> "encrypted database" was the phrase he used.  Could someone
> enlighten me?

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.28

Cheers,

Neil