Обсуждение: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

От
Mike
Дата:
hey folx!!!  sorry for the poor english (i\'m from brazil and skipped a LOT of english lessons)...

anyways!  i just downloaded this version of PostgreSQL available on the site and unziped the whole thing...
but...  there are some files and folders, but no installer...  every file on the first folder has no extension and i
don\'tknow what to do...
how do i install it?  i need help!
note:  i\'m tryin to install it on a home pc with windows 98...  am i stupid?
thank you already!!!  cya\'ll folx!

Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

От
Darko Prenosil
Дата:
On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:28, Mike wrote:
> hey folx!!!  sorry for the poor english (i\'m from brazil and skipped a LOT
> of english lessons)...
>
> anyways!  i just downloaded this version of PostgreSQL available on the
> site and unziped the whole thing... but...  there are some files and
> folders, but no installer...  every file on the first folder has no
> extension and i don\'t know what to do... how do i install it?  i need
> help!

For installation instructions see:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/installation.html

> note:  i\'m tryin to install it on a home pc with windows 98...  am i
> stupid? thank you already!!!  cya\'ll folx!

PostgreSQL windows port is work in progress, but not yet finished.
It is possible to run it with cygwin, but with that I have no experience.
Here is the link that explains how to install PostgreSQL on NT:
    http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Mike wrote:

> hey folx!!!  sorry for the poor english (i\'m from brazil and skipped a LOT of english lessons)...
>
> anyways!  i just downloaded this version of PostgreSQL available on the site and unziped the whole thing...
> but...  there are some files and folders, but no installer...  every file on the first folder has no extension and i
don\'tknow what to do...
> how do i install it?  i need help!
> note:  i\'m tryin to install it on a home pc with windows 98...  am i stupid?
> thank you already!!!  cya\'ll folx!

Postgresql doesn't have native support for Windows just yet, and the
support it does have is via a program called cygwin.

For Win98 you're probably outta luck.  If you have a spare box you can
toss linux onto you could be up and running in an hour or less, as
Postgresql comes with most Linux distros and you just have to install it
from the packages that come with your distro.