Обсуждение: licenses & price?

licenses & price?

От
"Terry Liou"
Дата:
Hi,

We're interested in your PostgreSQL.  Is there any licenses policy &
price list?

Thank you,
Terry Liou

Re: licenses & price?

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
"Terry Liou" <tliou@easylink.com> writes:
> We're interested in your PostgreSQL.  Is there any licenses policy &
> price list?

It's free. A summary of the license is:

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose, without fee, and without a written agreement
is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this
paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies.

(I cut a few paragraphs relating to liability -- read 'COPYRIGHT' for
the full license)

If you'd like commercial support, there are a number of companies that
provide that for a fee.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: licenses & price?

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Thursday 31 Oct 2002 8:11 pm, Terry Liou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're interested in your PostgreSQL.  Is there any licenses policy &
> price list?

The copyright licence is BSD - see the FAQ for details (user's lounge on the
website). There are links on the website regarding commercial support
companies (the main site IIRC and techdocs.postgresql.org)

There is no cost for PostgreSQL itself although RedHat (among others I think)
will sell you a copy with support and tools if you like.

--
  Richard Huxton

Re: licenses & price?

Дата:
Terry Liou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're interested in your PostgreSQL.  Is there any licenses policy &
> price list?

It is open source and free.  Just download it and use it.  It is BSD
licensed, meaning you can use it for anything, including in commercial
software.