Обсуждение: Administrator issue

Administrator issue

От
Murali Mohan Kasetty
Дата:
Hi ,

   I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
data in the second server successfully.
However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
dump is failed and I get the following error message.

You are now connected to database template1.
DELETE 0
DELETE 0
\connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Murali

Вложения

Re: Administrator issue

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 25 Sep 2002 at 11:31, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> data in the second server successfully.
> However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> dump is failed and I get the following error message.
>
> You are now connected to database template1.
> DELETE 0
> DELETE 0
> \connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist

Looks like you are different OS users on the third machine. Try using psql -u
and specify appropriate uername/password..

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
share, n.:    To give in, endure humiliation.

Re: Administrator issue

От
Murali Mohan Kasetty
Дата:
Hi Sridhar,

     The 3rd Server has no users, the only user is Administrator (I think it
comes by default).
So, I just started the server and tried to dump the data then I got the error
message as I said in my previous mail.

Please let me know if you have any pointers.

Thanks,
Murali

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2002 at 11:31, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> >    I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> > another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> > I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> > data in the second server successfully.
> > However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> > dump is failed and I get the following error message.
> >
> > You are now connected to database template1.
> > DELETE 0
> > DELETE 0
> > \connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist
>
> Looks like you are different OS users on the third machine. Try using psql -u
> and specify appropriate uername/password..
>
> HTH
>
> Bye
>  Shridhar
>
> --
> share, n.:      To give in, endure humiliation.

Re: Administrator issue

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> data in the second server successfully.
> However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> dump is failed and I get the following error message.
>
> You are now connected to database template1.
> DELETE 0
> DELETE 0
> \connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist

Can you find the associated create users for the administrator
account in the dump file and the failing connect line?

I wonder if it was insufficiently careful to quote the user
name somewhere (like the connect line).

Re: Administrator issue

От
Murali Mohan Kasetty
Дата:
Hi Stephan,

  Here is the  extract of the dump file. CYCLE4 is the database name in the
first server.

--
-- pg_dumpall (7.1.3)   -o
--

DELETE FROM pg_group;
--

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE pgdump_oid (dummy int4);
COPY pgdump_oid WITH OIDS FROM stdin;

\connect - Administrator

Thanks,
Murali

Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> >    I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> > another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> > I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> > data in the second server successfully.
> > However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> > dump is failed and I get the following error message.
> >
> > You are now connected to database template1.
> > DELETE 0
> > DELETE 0
> > \connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist
>
> Can you find the associated create users for the administrator
> account in the dump file and the failing connect line?
>
> I wonder if it was insufficiently careful to quote the user
> name somewhere (like the connect line).

Вложения

Re: Administrator issue

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 25 Sep 2002 at 12:07, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:

> Hi Sridhar,
>
>      The 3rd Server has no users, the only user is Administrator (I think it
> comes by default).

Os users? Postgres users?

 Create a postgres user of appropriate name if required. Shouldn't be a
problem..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
A Law of Computer Programming:    Make it possible for programmers to write in
English    and you will find that programmers cannot write in English.

Re: Administrator issue

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
Does it work if you replace Administrator with "Administrator" in the
connect lines (with the double quotes)?

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
>   Here is the  extract of the dump file. CYCLE4 is the database name in the
> first server.
>

> --
> -- pg_dumpall (7.1.3)   -o
> --
> \connect template1
> DELETE FROM pg_shadow WHERE usesysid <> (SELECT datdba FROM pg_database WHERE
> datname = 'template0');
>
> DELETE FROM pg_group;
> --
> -- Database CYCLE4
> --
> \connect template1 Administrator
> CREATE DATABASE "CYCLE4" WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UNICODE';
> \connect CYCLE4 Administrator
> --
> -- Selected TOC Entries:
> -- TOC Entry ID 2 (OID 0)
> --
> -- Name: Max OID Type: <Init> Owner:
> --
>
> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE pgdump_oid (dummy int4);
> COPY pgdump_oid WITH OIDS FROM stdin;
> 629066 0
> \.
> DROP TABLE pgdump_oid;
>
> \connect - Administrator
>

> Thanks,
> Murali
>
> Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:
> >
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > >    I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> > > another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> > > I have used  pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> > > data in the second server successfully.
> > > However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> > > dump is failed and I get the following error message.
> > >
> > > You are now connected to database template1.
> > > DELETE 0
> > > DELETE 0
> > > \connect: FATAL 1:  user "administrator" does not exist
> >
> > Can you find the associated create users for the administrator
> > account in the dump file and the failing connect line?
> >
> > I wonder if it was insufficiently careful to quote the user
> > name somewhere (like the connect line).

Re: Administrator issue

Дата:
Murali Mohan Kasetty <kasetty@india.hp.com> writes:
> \connect template1 Administrator
> CREATE DATABASE "CYCLE4" WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UNICODE';
> \connect CYCLE4 Administrator

I'm thinking that the problem is due to psql downcasing "Administrator"
to "administrator" --- note the spelling in the error message.  Old
releases were pretty sloppy about quoting user names consistently in
dumps, so you might find that the easiest answer is just to edit the
dump file and change the usernames to be uniformly lower case.

            regards, tom lane