Обсуждение: max | last INET in table

max | last INET in table

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
Well this will seem strange but I'm trying to figure out a way to select
the last INET value in a table.  I found that max() isn't defined for
inet and a max(text()) gives - obviously - an alphabetical max which is
incorrect.

Is there a function I've missed or a SQL trick to get the last IP address
out of a table?

TIA,
Rod

Re: max | last INET in table

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Peter Gibbs wrote:

Geez I knew there was away.  In fact I think I've got an old message with
a similar situation that uses this.

> This will also use an index on <inet field> if there is one, in which
> case it would have been faster even if max() worked.

Good point.

Again thanks,
Rod

Re: max | last INET in table