Обсуждение: alias with spaces

alias with spaces

От
Mourad Dhambri
Дата:
Hi,
I have an sql query on postgres then includes alias.
In SQL Server, when there are spaces in the alias, I
used to put it between brackets [], but in Postgres it
doesn't work. why ?

Re: alias with spaces

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 11:37:09AM +0200, Mourad Dhambri wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an sql query on postgres then includes alias.
> In SQL Server, when there are spaces in the alias, I
> used to put it between brackets [], but in Postgres it
> doesn't work. why ?

Postgres follows the SQL standard. Use double quotes ("). Note that this
will make all your identifiers case-sensetive.