Обсуждение: Where can I find more information of XML support in PostgreSQL?

Where can I find more information of XML support in PostgreSQL?

От
Carfield Yim
Дата:
I have find in http://www.postgresql.org/idocs and
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/, but I can't find many information of
XML support in PostgreSQL.

Can someone give me some pointer of this?
--
              \\\|///
              \- - -//

Programming discussion groups
Software design: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.design
Design Pattern: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.design.pattern
java: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.java
linux: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.linux

Re: Where can I find more information of XML support in PostgreSQL?

Дата:
Carfield Yim wrote:
> I have find in http://www.postgresql.org/idocs and
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/, but I can't find many information of
> XML support in PostgreSQL.
>
> Can someone give me some pointer of this?

Well, there is an xml directory in /contrib that does something.  That's
about all we have right now.

Re: Where can I find more information of XML support in

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi Carfield,

A PostgreSQL support company called "Command Prompt, Inc." have an
application server called LXP that does PostgreSQL stuff through XML.
Don't know much about it as I haven't used it, but they've got more info
about it here:

http://www.commandprompt.com/products/lxp/

Hope that helps.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Carfield Yim wrote:

> I have find in http://www.postgresql.org/idocs and
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/, but I can't find many information of
> XML support in PostgreSQL.
>
> Can someone give me some pointer of this?
> --
>               \\\|///
>               \- - -//
>              (  @ @  )
> -----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------------------------------------------
> Visit my homepage at http://www.carfield.com.hk
>
> Programming discussion groups
> Software design: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.design
> Design Pattern: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.design.pattern
> java: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.java
> linux: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.linux

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: Where can I find more information of XML support in

Дата:
Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi Carfield,
>
> A PostgreSQL support company called "Command Prompt, Inc." have an
> application server called LXP that does PostgreSQL stuff through XML.
> Don't know much about it as I haven't used it, but they've got more info
> about it here:
>
> http://www.commandprompt.com/products/lxp/

Yes, I thought of that, but I thought that was more of a programming
through XML rather than an XML interface to the data.  Of course, I may
be totally confused.

Re: Where can I find more information of XML support in

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Justin Clift wrote:
> > Hi Carfield,
> >
> > A PostgreSQL support company called "Command Prompt, Inc." have an
> > application server called LXP that does PostgreSQL stuff through XML.
> > Don't know much about it as I haven't used it, but they've got more info
> > about it here:
> >
> > http://www.commandprompt.com/products/lxp/
>
> Yes, I thought of that, but I thought that was more of a programming
> through XML rather than an XML interface to the data.  Of course, I may
> be totally confused.

Not totally sure.  But I thought "I'm not sure, and Carfield will at
least be able to take a look at it and know better than I do if it'll
work for what he want it for".

It'd be nice to take a look at one of these days, but haven't got the
spare time for that anytime soon.  :-/

+ Justin

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: Where can I find more information of XML support in

От
John Gray
Дата:
On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 18:31, Carfield Yim wrote:
> I have find in http://www.postgresql.org/idocs and
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/, but I can't find many information of
> XML support in PostgreSQL.
>
> Can someone give me some pointer of this?

I am the author of contrib/xml (and have just spent two days customising
it for a customer). It provides an interface for parsing XML documents
(to check whether they are well-formed) stored in "text" columns and an
interface for performing XPath queries.

As an example, executing
select pgxml_xpath(xmldoc,'string(/article/article_title)','','')
from xml_articles;

took about 70ms on a collection of 1200 documents -so it isn't as slow
as I thought it would be :)

It's in contrib because it's experimental and hasn't had a lot of
production testing (though that may be about to change - I suppose I
should fix the bug now ...)

John

--
John Gray