Обсуждение: php

php

От
"Warren Massengill"
Дата:
Does anyone know where I can download php?

Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to the
linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden pretty
well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.

Thanks,
Warren

Re: php

От
Ericson Smith
Дата:
http://us.php.net/downloads.php

You're welcome
- Ericson

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:58, Warren Massengill wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can download php?
>
> Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to the
> linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden pretty
> well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
>
> Thanks,
> Warren

Re: php

От
"Warren Massengill"

>http://us.php.net/downloads.php

We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come with
PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own, go to your
distribution's download site. Binaries available on external servers:

If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?

Thanks,
Warren

>From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
>To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
>Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
>
>http://us.php.net/downloads.php
>
>You're welcome
>- Ericson
>
>On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:58, Warren Massengill wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I can download php?
> >
> > Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to
>the
> > linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden
>pretty
> > well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Warren

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: php

От
Ewald Geschwinde
Дата:
tar xfvz *.tar.gz

Warren Massengill wrote:

>> http://us.php.net/downloads.php
>>

> We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions
> come with PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own,
> go to your distribution's download site. Binaries available on
> external servers:
>
> If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Warren
>

>> From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
>> To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
>> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
>> Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
>>
>> http://us.php.net/downloads.php
>>
>> You're welcome
>> - Ericson
>>
>> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:58, Warren Massengill wrote:
>> > Does anyone know where I can download php?
>> >
>> > Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me
>> to the
>> > linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php
>> hidden pretty
>> > well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Warren

>> > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
>> > http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

>> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: php

От
Ericson Smith
Дата:
Warren,

There is a massive amount of very detailed documentation available on
the PHP site. From very basic to complex installation instructions.

Check it out! You will be glad you did.

- Ericson

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 10:11, Warren Massengill wrote:

> >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> >

> We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come with
> PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own, go to your
> distribution's download site. Binaries available on external servers:
>
> If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Warren
>

> >From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
> >To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
> >CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> >Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
> >Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
> >
> >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> >
> >You're welcome
> >- Ericson
> >
> >On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:58, Warren Massengill wrote:
> > > Does anyone know where I can download php?
> > >
> > > Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to
> >the
> > > linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden
> >pretty
> > > well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Warren

> >TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: php

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
try http://www.rpmfind.net

Robert Treat

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 10:17, Ericson Smith wrote:
> Warren,
>
> There is a massive amount of very detailed documentation available on
> the PHP site. From very basic to complex installation instructions.
>
> Check it out! You will be glad you did.
>
> - Ericson
>

> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 10:11, Warren Massengill wrote:
> > >
> > >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> > >

> > We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come with
> > PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own, go to your
> > distribution's download site. Binaries available on external servers:
> >
> > If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Warren
> >

> > >From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
> > >To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
> > >CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> > >Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
> > >Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
> > >
> > >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> > >
> > >You're welcome
> > >- Ericson

> > >the
> > >pretty

> > >---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> > >TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: php

От
Ericson Smith
Дата:
This script will do the work for you. Installs PHP, Postgresql (or
Mysql), Apache, SSL and various modules. Pretty much automated, and
automatically downloads and compiles the latest sources.
http://www.apachetoolbox.com

- Ericson

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 10:11, Warren Massengill wrote:

> >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> >

> We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come with
> PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own, go to your
> distribution's download site. Binaries available on external servers:
>
> If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Warren
>

> >From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
> >To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
> >CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> >Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
> >Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
> >
> >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> >
> >You're welcome
> >- Ericson
> >
> >On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:58, Warren Massengill wrote:
> > > Does anyone know where I can download php?
> > >
> > > Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to
> >the
> > > linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden
> >pretty
> > > well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Warren

> >TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: php

От
"Warren Massengill"
Дата:
Awsome!
Thanks,
Warren

>From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
>To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
>Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:55:16 -0400
>
>This script will do the work for you. Installs PHP, Postgresql (or
>Mysql), Apache, SSL and various modules. Pretty much automated, and
>automatically downloads and compiles the latest sources.
>http://www.apachetoolbox.com
>
>- Ericson
>

>On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 10:11, Warren Massengill wrote:
> > >
> > >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> > >

> > We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come
>with
> > PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own, go to your
> > distribution's download site. Binaries available on external servers:
> >
> > If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Warren
> >

> > >From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
> > >To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
> > >CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> > >Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
> > >Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
> > >
> > >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> > >
> > >You're welcome
> > >- Ericson

> > >the
>hidden
> > >pretty

Re: php

От
"Ben-Nes Michael"
Дата:
You have two options:

1. Using the binaries that come with your dist

for example the core php file for redhat will be installed like this:
rpm -ivh php-4.1.2-7.i386.rpm
or debian - when connected to the net
apt-get install php4

2. compile from source ( my prefered way - the harder way for newbies )

tar xzvf php-some-ver.tar.gz
./configure --some_options
make
make install

> >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> >

> We do not distribute UNIX/Linux binaries. Most Linux distributions come
with
> PHP these days, so if you do not want to compile your own, go to your
> distribution's download site. Binaries available on external servers:
>
> If I download something that ends with tar.qz, will gnuzip work on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Warren
>

> >From: Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>
> >To: Warren Massengill <warrenmassengill@hotmail.com>
> >CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> >Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php
> >Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:02:24 -0400
> >
> >http://us.php.net/downloads.php
> >
> >You're welcome
> >- Ericson
> >
> >On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 09:58, Warren Massengill wrote:
> > > Does anyone know where I can download php?
> > >
> > > Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to
> >the
> > > linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden
> >pretty
> > > well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Warren

> > > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
> > > http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

> >TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: php

От
Matthew Nuzum
Дата:
Warren Massengill wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can download php?
>
> Php.net does not have linux version for download. They referred me to the
> linux distribution. The Red Hat site (if they have it) has php hidden pretty
> well. The Apache foundation lists perl, etc... , but no php.
>
> Thanks,
> Warren

If you use RedHat, the best place I've found is here:
http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/

However, if you have the RedHat CD's, you may be able to find the stock
RPMs which should work fine as well.
7.2 comes with PHP 4.0.6 which is not a good choice, but 7.3 comes with
a very capable 4.1.2.

Pop your CD in, mount it and do a
find /mnt/cdrom | grep php*
to get what you need.