Обсуждение: Permissions for system tables

Permissions for system tables

От
Richard Ray
Дата:
How can I determine the permissions for system tables?
It seems any user I create has access.
psql \z only shows permissions for user tables.
I checked relacl in pg_class but it's blank for all but user tables.

Thanks
Richard

Re: Permissions for system tables

Дата:
Richard Ray <rray1@netdoor.com> writes:
> How can I determine the permissions for system tables?

The default permissions for system catalogs are world read, other
privileges for owner (postgres) only.

You can try restricting the world read if you like, but be advised
that it's likely to break clients that expect to be able to inspect
the system catalogs.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Permissions for system tables

От
Richard Ray
Дата:
I don't want to change anything. I'm just learn'n.
Is there somewhere I can lookup the assignment for system tables and views?