Обсуждение: Installing Booktown Schema

Installing Booktown Schema

От
"Derick"
Дата:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to both the list and PostgreSQL, I've been reading Practical
PostgreSQL and I was trying to install the example databse:

 To install this database, type psql -U postgres template1 -f
/mnt/cdrom/booktown.sql

In 7.2.1 I get the psql terminal with the messages that the extra option -f
was ignored, as was the extra option booktown.sql.

How do I do this with the new version?

Thanks, Derick

Re: Installing Booktown Schema

От
Andrew Haigh
Try this:

psql -f /mnt/cdrom/booktown.sql -U postgres template1

All flags have to go before the database name.

This should work

Andrew

Re: Installing Booktown Schema

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
psql -U postgres template1 < /mnt/cdrom/booktown.sql

personally i'd use a different database than template1, and I'd copy the
file to hard disk first as well, but i'm a little old school at times.

Robert Treat