Обсуждение: CREATE FUNCTION

CREATE FUNCTION

От
"Carmen Wai"
Hello:

I found that when I use CREATE FUNCTION in postgresql, the maximum number of
arguments is 16 only. How I config so that the CREATE FUNCTION allows
unlimited number of arguments?

Thanks a lot!
Carmen

Re: CREATE FUNCTION

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
"Carmen Wai" <wai_carmen@hotmail.com> writes:
> I found that when I use CREATE FUNCTION in postgresql, the maximum
> number of arguments is 16 only. How I config so that the CREATE
> FUNCTION allows unlimited number of arguments?

Change FUNC_MAX_ARGS in src/include/pg_config.h, 'make clean',
recompile, re-install, and re-initdb.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: CREATE FUNCTION

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Wednesday 07 Aug 2002 4:41 pm, Carmen Wai wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I found that when I use CREATE FUNCTION in postgresql, the maximum number
> of arguments is 16 only. How I config so that the CREATE FUNCTION allows
> unlimited number of arguments?

Check the mailing archives - there's a constant in pg_config.h you'll need to
increase and then recompile. Don't forget to dump your database first for
backup.

- Richard Huxton

Re: CREATE FUNCTION

От
Gregory Seidman
Neil Conway sez:
}
} Change FUNC_MAX_ARGS in src/include/pg_config.h, 'make clean',
} recompile, re-install, and re-initdb.

Is the initdb really necessary? Will the modified postmaster not work on
the existing data directory?

} Cheers,
} Neil
--Greg

Re: CREATE FUNCTION

Дата:
Gregory Seidman <gss+pg@cs.brown.edu> writes:
> Neil Conway sez:
> } Change FUNC_MAX_ARGS in src/include/pg_config.h, 'make clean',
> } recompile, re-install, and re-initdb.

> Is the initdb really necessary?

Yes.

            regards, tom lane