Обсуждение: Embedded SQL in a function

Embedded SQL in a function

От
Nikolay Hristov
Дата:
Hi,

Is it possible to use embedded SQL in C function.

I have tried application with embedded SQL and C functions
separately and they worked just fine.
When I tried to use embedded SQL in a function,
the result is that the function generally works,
but the embedded SQL statements do nothing.
There ware no errors during preprocessing, compiling and linking.

I was unable to find anything about that in the documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Embedded SQL in a function

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:28:19PM +0300, Nikolay Hristov wrote:
> Is it possible to use embedded SQL in C function.

You mean an internal function?

I'm sorry, that won't work as embedded SQl internally uses libpq to
talk to the backend. When you're inside the backend you would need to
use the SPI interface instead. I always wanted to add that to ecpg but
never found the time.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: Embedded SQL in a function

От
Nikolay Hristov
Дата:
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:28:19PM +0300, Nikolay Hristov wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to use embedded SQL in C function.
>

> You mean an internal function?
>
> I'm sorry, that won't work as embedded SQl internally uses libpq to
> talk to the backend. When you're inside the backend you would need to
> use the SPI interface instead. I always wanted to add that to ecpg but
> never found the time.
>
> Michael

Thank you for the responce.
I suppose I should rewrite my DB2 stored procedures in PL/pgSQL.
I hoped that there is an easy way.

Regards,
Nikolay