Обсуждение: date problem and set style european

date problem and set style european

От
"frank_lupo"
Дата:
I instaled a postgresql 7.2 on win2000.
Problem:
1) when select a date the result is
gedis30=# SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS today;
             today
-------------------------------
 2002-07-08 12:31:31.500692+00

2) I set a 'European' DATESTYLE  but the result is
gedis30=# SET DATESTYLE to 'European';
SET VARIABLE
gedis30=# SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS today;
             today
-------------------------------
 2002-07-08 12:37:09.150259+00
(1 row)

Help me for this problem

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Lettori Dvd, stereo hi - fi e lettori cd gratis solo su qx service.
Clicca e scoprirai che la tua estate in musica te la regaliamo noi.
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=541&d=8-7

Re: date problem and set style european

От
Oliver Elphick
Дата:
On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:29, frank_lupo wrote:

> 2) I set a 'European' DATESTYLE  but the result is
> gedis30=# SET DATESTYLE to 'European';
> SET VARIABLE
> gedis30=# SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS today;
>              today
> -------------------------------
>  2002-07-08 12:37:09.150259+00
> (1 row)
>
> Help me for this problem

bray=# set datestyle to 'SQL,European';
SET VARIABLE
bray=# SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS today;
             today
--------------------------------
 08/07/2002 15:52:06.774377 BST
(1 row)

bray=# set datestyle to 'Postgres,European';
SET VARIABLE
bray=# SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS today;
                today
-------------------------------------
 Mon 08 Jul 15:52:31.031277 2002 BST
(1 row)

bray=# set datestyle to 'iso';
SET VARIABLE
bray=# SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS today;
             today
-------------------------------
 2002-07-08 15:54:06.472742+01
(1 row)

Re: date problem and set style european

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> 2) I set a 'European' DATESTYLE  but the result is
> gedis30=# SET DATESTYLE to 'European';
> Help me for this problem

You need to set some date style other than "ISO" (which is the default).
Setting "European" affects output date ordering for those styles where
it would be noticable, and affects the interpretation of input dates,
but does not directly determine the style of the output.

Try

  SET DATESTYLE = "Postgres,European";

or

  SET DATESTYLE = "SQL,European";

for examples which may match what you want.

                - Thomas