Обсуждение: ON DELETE CASCADE doesn't work

ON DELETE CASCADE doesn't work

От
"Miia Leino"
Дата:
I'm having a problem with automatic deletion from the referencing table when a row is deletet from the parent table. This works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, could someone have an idea why this is happening??
Thank you!!
I use the syntax

CREATE TABLE table1

(

            id int4 PRIMARY KEY

DEFAULT nextval(‘bulletin_id_sq’)

);

CREATE TABLE table2(

            id int4,

name text,

            CONSTRAINT table3_id_fk FOREIGN KEY(id)

            REFERENCES table1(id)

ON DELETE CASCADE

ON UPDATE CASCADE

  );

CREATE TABLE table3

(

            id int4,

            content text,

            CONSTRAINT table3_id_fk FOREIGN KEY(id)

            REFERENCES table1(id)

ON DELETE CASCADE

ON UPDATE CASCADE

);

AND always when the table is created it informes that the trigger has created

for example I created a table test it gave this notice:

 create table test(id int4, constraint test_lang_id_fk foreign key(id) references languages(language_id) on delete cascade on update cascade);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s)
CREATE

Re: ON DELETE CASCADE doesn't work

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Miia Leino wrote:

> I'm having a problem with automatic deletion from the referencing
> table when a row is deletet from the parent table. This works
> sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, could someone have an idea why
> this is happening??

Can you give a full script with the inserts and deletes necessary to
replicate?  Also, what version are you using?  When it doesn't work
does it give an error or does it just not delete the row?