Обсуждение: SI buffer overflow, cache state reset

SI buffer overflow, cache state reset

От
"Johann Zuschlag"
Дата:
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:58:03 +0200, Johann Zuschlag wrote:

During restore I found following messages in the log:

->DEBUG:  SendSharedInvalidMessage: SI buffer overflow
->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
(DEBUG:  copy: line 4762, XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES)
(DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 000000000000000D)
(DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 000000000000000E)
->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset

Never saw them before. It would be of some help to have a table of
certain error messages. Couldn't find any. The database seems to be ok.

What is the SI-Buffer? My Test-box has got just 64MB,
database (dumped) 22MB, shared_buffers=default

regards

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag@online.de

Re: SI buffer overflow, cache state reset

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:56:52 +0200
"Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag@online.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:58:03 +0200, Johann Zuschlag wrote:
>
> During restore I found following messages in the log:

Your last message was just 26 hours ago, why not wait for people
to answer you? If you're desperate to get an answer, the first thing
I would do is search the list archives (which has numerous answers
to your question).

> ->DEBUG:  SendSharedInvalidMessage: SI buffer overflow
> ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> (DEBUG:  copy: line 4762, XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES)

You might want to consider following this advice...

> (DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 000000000000000D)
> (DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 000000000000000E)
> ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
>
> Never saw them before. It would be of some help to have a table of
> certain error messages. Couldn't find any. The database seems to be ok.

These are routine -- it's nothing to worry about. The fact that
it is logged at level "DEBUG" indicates that it is informational,
not an error message.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: SI buffer overflow, cache state reset

Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:56:52 +0200
> "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag@online.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:58:03 +0200, Johann Zuschlag wrote:
> >
> > During restore I found following messages in the log:
>
> Your last message was just 26 hours ago, why not wait for people
> to answer you? If you're desperate to get an answer, the first thing
> I would do is search the list archives (which has numerous answers
> to your question).
>
> > ->DEBUG:  SendSharedInvalidMessage: SI buffer overflow
> > ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> > (DEBUG:  copy: line 4762, XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES)
>
> You might want to consider following this advice...
>
> > (DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 000000000000000D)
> > (DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 000000000000000E)
> > ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> > ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> > ->DEBUG:  ReceiveSharedInvalidMessages: cache state reset
> >
> > Never saw them before. It would be of some help to have a table of
> > certain error messages. Couldn't find any. The database seems to be ok.
>
> These are routine -- it's nothing to worry about. The fact that
> it is logged at level "DEBUG" indicates that it is informational,
> not an error message.

Actually, in 7.3, they will not even show because of the new GUC
server_min_messages levels.  I see it now at DEBUG3, which will not
appear in the logs unless you set 7.3 server_min_messages = debug3 or
lower.

Re: SI buffer overflow, cache state reset

От
"Johann Zuschlag"
Дата:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:10:00 -0400, Neil Conway wrote:

>Your last message was just 26 hours ago, why not wait for people
>to answer you? If you're desperate to get an answer, the first thing
>I would do is search the list archives (which has numerous answers
>to your question).

Usually I don't do that. I hope the list accepts my excuse.

But I had the impression it got lost. (In fact, it didn't) Usually I search the
archives first. The problem with the list archives is, that they got quite slow
in the last months. In fact, I don't get anything out anymore.

Anything I can do to improve it? New hardware?

regards

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag@online.de