Обсуждение: PostgreSQL said: ERROR: Attribute 'id' not found

PostgreSQL said: ERROR: Attribute 'id' not found

От
eric.jones@hua.army.mil
Дата:
Hello All!

Version - 7.2.1
OS - FreeBSD

    I've encountered the following error when ever doing a select
statement on any table in my DB:

PostgreSQL said: ERROR: Attribute 'id' not found

    The select statement I'm doing is:

        select * from s_users where ID = 1;

    This fails when I do an "ID" or an "id".

    I've tried it both in PHP PG Admin and from the command line.

My table looks like this:

CREATE TABLE "s_users" (
   "ID" int8 DEFAULT nextval('"s_users_seq"'::text) NOT NULL,
   "fname" text NOT NULL,
   "lname" text NOT NULL,
   "ako" text NOT NULL,
   "phone" text,
   "email" text NOT NULL,
   "rank_id" int8,
   "status_id" int8 DEFAULT 2 NOT NULL,
   CONSTRAINT "s_users_pkey" PRIMARY KEY ("ID")
);

    Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks in
advance!

Eric Jones (Contractor)
FDIC Web Enabler
E-mail: jonese@hua.army.mil
Office - 520-533-6628
Cell - 520-930-2136
Email Pager - 5209802136@messaging.nextel.com

Re: PostgreSQL said: ERROR: Attribute 'id' not found

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
eric.jones@hua.army.mil writes:

> Hello All!
>
> Version - 7.2.1
> OS - FreeBSD
>
>     I've encountered the following error when ever doing a select
> statement on any table in my DB:
>
> PostgreSQL said: ERROR: Attribute 'id' not found
>
>     The select statement I'm doing is:
>
>         select * from s_users where ID = 1;

Try this:

SELECT * from s_users where "ID" = 1;

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...

Re: PostgreSQL said: ERROR: Attribute 'id' not found

От
Darren Ferguson

select * from s_users;
 ID | fname  |  lname   | ako |  phone   |    email     | rank_id |
status_id
----+--------+----------+-----+----------+--------------+---------+-----------
  1 | Darren | Ferguson | ako | 49499494 | d
@phone.com |       5 |         3
(1 row)

dev=> select * from s_users where ID = 1;
ERROR:  Attribute 'id' not found

dev=> select * from s_users where "ID" = 1;
 ID | fname  |  lname   | ako |  phone   |    email     | rank_id |
status_id
  1 | Darren | Ferguson | ako | 49499494 | d
@phone.com |       5 |         3
(1 row)

Postgres will convert ID to id unless you put "" around it.

So the system says id that aint a field in that table and throws an error

HTH

Darren Ferguson