Обсуждение: INET contains question

INET contains question

От
elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros)
Дата:
Hello,

I have a table that contains a two columns of type inet. One is an address one
is a network. Due to an error in an application there are some rows where the
address is not contained in the network. So I did a:
select sourceip,whoisnet,dnsnet from attacks where not (sourceip << whoisnet);

which is more or less right but in the cases where the whoisnet is not a class
a/b/c-network I also get a match which is not correct. Is this supposed to be
so or a bug?

I am using 7.1 on Linux to do this.

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Re: INET contains question

Дата:
elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:
> which is more or less right but in the cases where the whoisnet is not a class
> a/b/c-network I also get a match which is not correct.

Could we see a specific example?

            regards, tom lane