Обсуждение: Need help changing NAMEDATALEN

Need help changing NAMEDATALEN

От
"fhallais"
Дата:
Hi guys,

I am trying to recompile postgresql 7.2 to change the default
of namedatalen=32.

Following instructions in a patch for version 7.1, found in the
mailing list, I used the command:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql \
   --with-namedatalen=128 \
   --with-CXX

I got no error messages, but it still doing a truncation of identifiers name at
length 32.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks,

Flavio Hallais

InterNetworking Technologies Corporation
1515 University Drive # 112
Coral Springs, FL 33071
Tel. (954) 341-2226  Fax (954)341-2509

Re: Need help changing NAMEDATALEN

fhallais wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to recompile postgresql 7.2 to change the default
> of namedatalen=32.
>
> Following instructions in a patch for version 7.1, found in the
> mailing list, I used the command:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql \
>    --with-namedatalen=128 \

Configure does not recognize this option, and for some stupid reason
(which we don't control) configure doesn't complain about options it
doesn't understand.  Look in /src/include and change it in the proper
*.h. file, should be postgres_ext.h.

Please tell us where you saw those 7.1 instructions.  I can't find them
anywhere.