Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Max Connections

PostgreSQL Max Connections

От
Hunter Hillegas
Дата:
I modified postgresql.conf to up my max connections to 200. Is this always
read at startup of Postgres? Can I confirm once the server is running that
it got the right setting?

Hunter

Re: PostgreSQL Max Connections

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 20:29, Hunter Hillegas wrote:
> I modified postgresql.conf to up my max connections to 200. Is this always
> read at startup of Postgres?

Yes; it's also re-read when you send postmaster a SIGHUP.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: PostgreSQL Max Connections

От
Hunter Hillegas
Дата:
Is there a way to check if the value was properly processed after the server
has started? My application is running out of connections and 'ps aux' shows
only about 13 postgres processes running...

> From: Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org>
> Date: 06 Mar 2002 22:28:20 -0500
> To: Hunter Hillegas <lists@lastonepicked.com>
> Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Max Connections
>
> On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 20:29, Hunter Hillegas wrote:
>> I modified postgresql.conf to up my max connections to 200. Is this always
>> read at startup of Postgres?
>
> Yes; it's also re-read when you send postmaster a SIGHUP.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
> PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: PostgreSQL Max Connections

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 23:10, Hunter Hillegas wrote:
> Is there a way to check if the value was properly processed after the server
> has started? My application is running out of connections and 'ps aux' shows
> only about 13 postgres processes running...

The current number of clients (which `ps aux` tells you) has nothing to
do with the maximum number of potential connections.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: PostgreSQL Max Connections

От
Hunter Hillegas
Right, but my application is getting "no more connections", so I'm trying to
make sure postgres actually upped my limit.