Обсуждение: libcrypt.so.2

libcrypt.so.2

От
"Gtrica"
Дата:
Hi all
I'm trying to install PostgreSQL 7.2 on a PC with linux 7.1.
Trying to install the RPM of the server, the dependencies tells that I need
libcrypt.so.2
But the last glibc glibc2.2.2-19.3 contain libcrypt.so.1......
Do I have to install RedHat 7.2?

Thanks in advance

Re: libcrypt.so.2

От
Darren Ferguson
Дата:
You have Redhat 7.1 so go to the Red Hat site and look up RPMS for 7.2.
Then all you have to do is updgrade the package that you require that has
the libcrypt.so.2 library

Darren Ferguson

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Gtrica wrote:

> Hi all
> I'm trying to install PostgreSQL 7.2 on a PC with linux 7.1.
> Trying to install the RPM of the server, the dependencies tells that I need
> libcrypt.so.2
> But the last glibc glibc2.2.2-19.3 contain libcrypt.so.1......
> Do I have to install RedHat 7.2?
>

> Thanks in advance

Re: libcrypt.so.2

От
Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 09:40:05AM +0100, Gtrica wrote:
> Do I have to install RedHat 7.2?
No, you can just upgrade the glibc, although I recommend you to
just download the source rpm, build it, and then install it.

When building the rpms, you could gain some performance by
specifying --target i686 or whatever your arch is:

# rpm --rebuild --target i686 http://people.redhat.com/teg/pg/postgresql-7.2-1.72.src.rpm

or
# rpm --rebuild --target athlon
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/binary/v7.2/RPMS/SRPMS/postgresql-7.2-1PGDG.src.rpm

and then:
# rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686/postgres*

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--
Luciano Rocha, strange@nsk.yi.org

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
                -- D. Cohen