Обсуждение: Drawing databases

Drawing databases

От
"Jairo Tcatchenco"
Дата:
        I'm designing a lot of databases lately and I want to find a
tool like a case, to draw the tables and relations. Just to maintain a
schema with the documentation. Anybody knows a free tool like this?

--
Jairo Tcatchenco
jairo@cda.sp.gov.br

Re: Drawing databases

От
David A Dickson
Дата:
If you're using OSX then I would suggest OmniGraffle.

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jairo Tcatchenco wrote:

>         I'm designing a lot of databases lately and I want to find a
> tool like a case, to draw the tables and relations. Just to maintain a
> schema with the documentation. Anybody knows a free tool like this?
>
> --
> Jairo Tcatchenco
> jairo@cda.sp.gov.br
> Coordenadoria de Defesa Agropecuária - CDA
> Secretaria de Agricultura e Abastecimento do Estado de São Paulo -
> SAA/SP

David A Dickson
david.dickson@mail.mcgill.ca

Re: Drawing databases

От
"Arguile"
Дата:
Jairo Tcatchenco writes:
>         I'm designing a lot of databases lately and I want to find a
> tool like a case, to draw the tables and relations. Just to maintain a
> schema with the documentation. Anybody knows a free tool like this?

There's a whole bunch of free and not so free tools to do ERD and UML (ERD
doesn't map overly well to UML IMO but you can do it) diagrams.

A few of the free ones are listed here.
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#design

Many of them use ODBC, JDBC, or other driver metadata calls so make sure
your drivers are up-to-date for the best results.

Re: Drawing databases

От
"Carlo Florendo"
Дата:
Hello Jairo

I have a windows application named myerd.  If you want it, send me an email privately.

--------------------------

Hola Jairo

Tengo application en windows llama "myerd".  Si lo quiera,  me mandaria email privadamente.

Regards,

Carlo Florendo

>         I'm designing a lot of databases lately and I want to find a
> tool like a case, to draw the tables and relations. Just to maintain a
> schema with the documentation. Anybody knows a free tool like this?
>
> --
> Jairo Tcatchenco
> jairo@cda.sp.gov.br
> Coordenadoria de Defesa Agropecuária - CDA
> Secretaria de Agricultura e Abastecimento do Estado de São Paulo -
> SAA/SP

Re: Drawing databases

От
Jan Poslusny