Обсуждение: configure --with-pam

configure --with-pam

От
"Eugene Chiu"
Дата:
Hi all,

Have any of you successfully configured Linux-PAM with Postgresql? When I
run ./configure --with-pam, I get the following error:

<snip>
checking for inflate in -lz... (cached) yes
checking for library containing fdatasync... (cached) none required
checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
configure: error: library 'pam' is required for PAM

Please help. TIA

Eugene

Re: configure --with-pam

От
Helge Bahmann
Дата:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Eugene Chiu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Have any of you successfully configured Linux-PAM with Postgresql? When I
> run ./configure --with-pam, I get the following error:
>
> <snip>
> checking for inflate in -lz... (cached) yes
> checking for library containing fdatasync... (cached) none required
> checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
> configure: error: library 'pam' is required for PAM

Yes I have setup all Postgres servers with pam. Are you sure that the pam
libraries are correctly installed on your system?

From the above I cannot see why configure fails to locate the pam
libraries - can you show us the contents of config.log (or at least the
relevant parts) after calling configure --with-pam?

What does "ls -l /usr/lib/libpam* /lib/libpam*" show?

Best regards
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>             /| \__
Network admin, systems programmer                      /_|____\

Re: configure --with-pam

От
"Dominic J. Eidson"
Дата:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Helge Bahmann wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Eugene Chiu wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Have any of you successfully configured Linux-PAM with Postgresql? When I
> > run ./configure --with-pam, I get the following error:
> >
> > <snip>
> > checking for inflate in -lz... (cached) yes
> > checking for library containing fdatasync... (cached) none required
> > checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
> > configure: error: library 'pam' is required for PAM
>
> Yes I have setup all Postgres servers with pam. Are you sure that the pam
> libraries are correctly installed on your system?
>
> >From the above I cannot see why configure fails to locate the pam
> libraries - can you show us the contents of config.log (or at least the
> relevant parts) after calling configure --with-pam?
>
> What does "ls -l /usr/lib/libpam* /lib/libpam*" show?

Alternately (linux-ish only):

ldconfig -v | grep 'pam'

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli

Re: configure --with-pam

Дата:
"Eugene Chiu" <echiu@iname.com> writes:
> Have any of you successfully configured Linux-PAM with Postgresql? When I
> run ./configure --with-pam, I get the following error:

> checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
> configure: error: library 'pam' is required for PAM

Hmm, it passes configure for me, using PG 7.2 on RH Linux 7.2, which
according to rpm contains

$ rpm -qa | grep pam
pam-0.75-14
pam_smb-1.1.6-2
pam-devel-0.75-14
pam_krb5-1.46-1

What PG and PAM versions are you using?  Does ldconfig know where
libpam.so is?

            regards, tom lane

Re: [ADMIN] configure --with-pam

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
On Tuesday 26 February 2002 17:15, Eugene Chiu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have any of you successfully configured Linux-PAM with Postgresql? When I
> run ./configure --with-pam, I get the following error:
>
> <snip>
> checking for inflate in -lz... (cached) yes
> checking for library containing fdatasync... (cached) none required
> checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
> configure: error: library 'pam' is required for PAM

The message is in the error... Maybe your system (you don't say what
flavour) doesn't have the pam libraries installed. What does
  rpm -qi pam
say?

Ian Barwick

Re: configure --with-pam

От
"Eugene Chiu"
Дата:
"Eugene Chiu" <echiu@iname.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Have any of you successfully configured Linux-PAM with Postgresql? When I
> run ./configure --with-pam, I get the following error:
>
> <snip>
> checking for inflate in -lz... (cached) yes
> checking for library containing fdatasync... (cached) none required
> checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
> configure: error: library 'pam' is required for PAM

Thank you all for the replies...

I finally figured out that the PAM was not installed correctly, in the /lib
directory, all the libpam*.so was pointing to libpam*.so.0, instead of
libpam*.so.0.75.... That does it...

Thank you all again!!

Eugene