Обсуждение: Redirecting query's output to a textfile?

Redirecting query's output to a textfile?

От
Peter Peltonen
Дата:
A basic question:

How in PostgreSQL do I redirect the output of an SQL query to a textfile?

--
Peter Peltonen
System Administrator

Melkonkatu 28 E
00210 Helsinki
GSM. +358-40 720 6535
Tel. +358-9-6824 7666
Fax. +358-9-6824 7664
http://www.fivetec.com
mailto:peter.peltonen@fivetec.com
--

Re: Redirecting query's output to a textfile?

От
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
Дата:
Depends on how you place the query? I assume you are asking about the psql client, so before the query just do:
\o output.txt

you can see several options/switches by giving \?

regards,
thalis

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Peter Peltonen wrote:

> A basic question:
>
> How in PostgreSQL do I redirect the output of an SQL query to a textfile?
>
> --
> Peter Peltonen
> System Administrator
> Fivetec Solutions Oy
>
> Melkonkatu 28 E
> 00210 Helsinki
> GSM. +358-40 720 6535
> Tel. +358-9-6824 7666
> Fax. +358-9-6824 7664
> http://www.fivetec.com
> mailto:peter.peltonen@fivetec.com

Re: Redirecting query's output to a textfile?

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 06:11:08PM +0200,
  Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen@fivetec.com> wrote:

> A basic question:
>
> How in PostgreSQL do I redirect the output of an SQL query to a textfile?

Assuming you are talking about doing this in psql, the answer is to use:
\o filename
\? will provide help on the other psql \ commands.

Re: Redirecting query's output to a textfile?

От
"P.J. \"Josh\" Rovero"
Дата:
for a single command, \g.  Example

select * from employees \g '/home/dbadmin/employees.tab'

Note that there isn't a semicolon at the end.  '\g' takes
care of that.  '\g' will also let you pipe the table output
to other commands........

--
P. J. "Josh" Rovero                                 Sonalysts, Inc.
Email: rovero@sonalysts.com    www.sonalysts.com    215 Parkway North

Re: Redirecting query's output to a textfile?

От
Herb Blacker
Дата:
If you use psql and your query is in a file, try this:

$psql <dbname>

<dbname># \o <filename> (puts the output of the next query in a file)

<dbname># \i <queryfile> (reads and executes the query from the file)

<dbname> \q (quit psql)

Peter Peltonen wrote:

> A basic question:
>
> How in PostgreSQL do I redirect the output of an SQL query to a textfile?

Hope this helps...
Herb Blacker
Database Administrator
ReCare, Inc.