Обсуждение: compiling on sco

compiling on sco

От
jtp
Дата:
we're attempting to compile postgres on a box running open server 5 using
sco's development tools and gnu's make (gmake).  somewhere in the make it
came back with the following lines from which we can't discern the
errors?  can anyone help point this out?  or is sco a hopeless cause?
(it's 7.0.3 that's being installed for compatibility reasons)

tia.

gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/devel/src/postgres/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg/lib'
gmake -C preproc all
gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/devel/src/postgres/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc'
cc -b
elf -I../../../include -I../../../backend    -dy -I../include -DMAJOR_VERSIO
N=2 -DMINOR_VERSION=7 -DPATCHLEVEL=1 -DINCLUDE_PATH=\"/usr/local/pgsql/inclu
de\"    -c -o preproc.o preproc.c
(EOF):internal error:evalexpr():inappropriate expr type: 0
gmake[3]: *** [preproc.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/devel/src/postgres/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/devel/src/postgres/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/devel/src/postgres/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
$

Re: compiling on sco

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
jtp <john@akadine.com> writes:

> we're attempting to compile postgres on a box running open server 5 using
> sco's development tools and gnu's make (gmake).  somewhere in the make it
> came back with the following lines from which we can't discern the
> errors?  can anyone help point this out?  or is sco a hopeless cause?
> (it's 7.0.3 that's being installed for compatibility reasons)

Looks like an internal compiler error with the SCO cc.  What a
surprise.  You might consider installing GCC and using that to compile
PG, which might work better.  The gotcha there is you may have trouble
linking SCO-compiled client apps with GCC-compiled PG libraries.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863