Обсуждение: Installation on windows 2000

Installation on windows 2000

От
"Erik B"
Дата:
I would like to use psql on windows 2000.
I have searched postgresql.org on this subject.
Most information suggest the use of cygwin.

As far as I can see the use of cygwin means GPL
which I cannot use since my application cannot be GPL.

Can I use psql on windows 2000 without using cygwin?
How?

Thanks

Re: Installation on windows 2000

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Erik B wrote:

> I would like to use psql on windows 2000.
> I have searched postgresql.org on this subject.
> Most information suggest the use of cygwin.
>
> As far as I can see the use of cygwin means GPL
> which I cannot use since my application cannot be GPL.
>
> Can I use psql on windows 2000 without using cygwin?
> How?

The simple answer is no...  There is no binary for PostgreSQL & M$ Windowz
platform, so you have to use Cygwin...

Regards and best wishes.

Devrim GUNDUZ

> Thanks

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Phone : +90-535-328-9594 (cellular)-
Phone : +90-312-418-3791 (work : 09:00/19:00 on weekdays)
Phone : +90-312-286-5906 (home)

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

Re: Installation on windows 2000

От
Horák Daniel

> > I would like to use psql on windows 2000.
> > I have searched postgresql.org on this subject.
> > Most information suggest the use of cygwin.
> >
> > As far as I can see the use of cygwin means GPL
> > which I cannot use since my application cannot be GPL.
> >
> > Can I use psql on windows 2000 without using cygwin?

You can use the client side library without Cygwin which can be compiled
using MS VisualC. So if your application only has to access PostgreSQL
server, there is no license problem with "native" client library.

            Dan