Обсуждение: Open source companies

Open source companies

Дата:
Here is an interesting article talking about the fate of open-source
companies.  An increasing number of formerly open-source companies are
selling closed-source software.  The article mentions SourceForge, who
is moving from PostgreSQL to Oracle, and Great Bridge, as a failed
open-source support company.

  http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5099830,00.html?chkpt=zdnnp1tp02

Use of cursor in PLPGSQL function

От
"Mourad EL HADJ MIMOUNE"
Дата:
Hi,
I want to use cursors in PLPGSQL functions but without success.
I downloaded a file gram.y to update PLPGSQL parser.
I would know how can I make this update, and if this will allows me to use
cursors in plpgsql functions.
Thanks for your help.
Mourad.

Re: Use of cursor in PLPGSQL function

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Mourad EL HADJ MIMOUNE wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use cursors in PLPGSQL functions but without success.
> I downloaded a file gram.y to update PLPGSQL parser.
> I would know how can I make this update, and if this will allows me to use
> cursors in plpgsql functions.
> Thanks for your help.
> Mourad.

    There  is  no way to use cursors inside of PL/pgSQL functions
    before Postgres version 7.2.  It's not just the syntax parsed
    by  the function handler. There have been enhancements in the
    server, namely cursor support in SPI, that make  it  possible
    at all.

Jan