Обсуждение: Localization problems

Localization problems

От
"kucol"
Дата:
Hi,
I've problems with polish localization in 7.1.3 database on RedHat7. I have
system locales in proper folders. I builded postgreSQL with "enable-locale"
parameter and before initializing database I've set variables LC_COLLATE,
LC_NUMERIC itd.
It all seems to be all right but after connecting to database and inserting
some into it I've found that MONEY type is in USD, decimals are separated
with '.' not ',' in NUMERIC type and varchar sort order is not correct. So
it looks like localization doesn't work properly.
How can I check if it is installed properly and maybe I am doing someting
wrong.

Help please,
Kucol

Re: Localization problems

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:06:11PM +0100, kucol wrote:
> Hi,
> I've problems with polish localization in 7.1.3 database on RedHat7. I have
> system locales in proper folders. I builded postgreSQL with "enable-locale"
> parameter and before initializing database I've set variables LC_COLLATE,
> LC_NUMERIC itd.
> It all seems to be all right but after connecting to database and inserting
> some into it I've found that MONEY type is in USD, decimals are separated
> with '.' not ',' in NUMERIC type and varchar sort order is not correct. So
> it looks like localization doesn't work properly.
> How can I check if it is installed properly and maybe I am doing someting
> wrong.

 The PostgreSQL ignore LC_NUMERIC setting, because parser and other
 stuff depend on numbers format in strings. The solution is use
 to_char(). For example Czech locales:

 (L=currentcy symbol, G=group separator, D=decimal point)

test=# SELECT to_char(1452.456, 'L9G999D999');
    to_char
 Kč 1 452,456
 (1 row)

 See docs, section "Formatting functions".

        Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/