Обсуждение: explanation about buffers and memory usage ... ?

explanation about buffers and memory usage ... ?

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
hi,
just a simple question:
there are at least 4 types of buffers:
shared_buffers
sort_mem
effective_cache_size
geqo_pool_size

can you please tell me when all of this memory is used. what for, and
what's also important.
assuming that i have 16 backends spawned how much memory will it take?
shared_buffers are shared. but what about others? per backend?

depesz

--
hubert depesz lubaczewski                          http://www.depesz.pl/
... vows are spoken to be broken ...                 [enjoy the silence]

Re: explanation about buffers and memory usage ... ?

Дата:
> hi,
> just a simple question:
> there are at least 4 types of buffers:
> shared_buffers
> sort_mem
> effective_cache_size
> geqo_pool_size
>
> can you please tell me when all of this memory is used. what for, and
> what's also important.
> assuming that i have 16 backends spawned how much memory will it take?
> shared_buffers are shared. but what about others? per backend?

See performance article on techdocs:

    http://techdocs.postgresql.org