Обсуждение: Creating a table

Creating a table

От
"Reuben Olson"
Дата:
Hi there

I am converting a mySQL database to postgresql database and I was wondering if there was any auto increment function like there is in mysql or di I need to use a sequence or something...

thanks

Reubs

Re: Creating a table

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Reuben Olson wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I am converting a mySQL database to postgresql database and I was
> wondering if there was any auto increment function like there is in
> mysql or di I need to use a sequence or something...

The easiest way is to use the serial type which is an int4 with an
associated sequence it takes its default value from.

Re: Creating a table

Дата:
> Hi there
>
> I am converting a mySQL database to postgresql database and I
> was wondering if there was any auto increment function like
> there is in mysql or di I need to use a sequence or something...

Sure, sequences.  If you define a column as type SERIAL you get a
sequence default on the column.