Обсуждение: Drop column and multiple db query

Drop column and multiple db query

От
Russ McBride
Дата:
Do any of the developers out there have a feeling on when the DROP
COLUMN command feature might be available?  Or being able to query
across multiple db's?

Russ

Re: Drop column and multiple db query

> Do any of the developers out there have a feeling on when the DROP
> COLUMN command feature might be available?  Or being able to query
> across multiple db's?

I would like to do it for 7,3.

Re: Drop column and multiple db query

От
"Command Prompt, Inc."
Дата:
> Do any of the developers out there have a feeling on when the DROP
> COLUMN command feature might be available?

I don't know if this will help you but until the DROP COLUMN feature is
added you could always use CREATE TABLE AS SELECT, drop the old table and
then rename the new.

>  Or being able to query
> across multiple db's?

Let me know if you get an answer ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake
Co-Author: Practical PostgreSQL
http://www.postgresql.info/

by way of pgsql-general@commandprompt.com
http://www.postgresql.info/
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Drop column and multiple db query

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
At 15:37 05/11/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Do any of the developers out there have a feeling on when the DROP COLUMN
>command feature might be available?  Or being able to query across
>multiple db's?

We asked hackers a couple of times for the implementation of ALTER TABLE
DROP COLUMN, CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW and CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER. I am
learning C because nobody seems to be working on these features. I do not
know the level of expertise needed. It will not be before 7.2.

Hopefully, we will try to include pseudo modification features in pgAdmin2
soon.

Querying across multiple dbs is more tricky but also scheduled when schema
support is available (after 7.2).

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE

Re: Drop column and multiple db query

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
At 09:19 06/11/01 +0100, you wrote:
>I am learning C because nobody seems to be working on these features.

Sorry Bruce, I read your reply after sending mine.
Best regards, Jean-Michel POURE

Re: Drop column and multiple db query

От
"Culley Harrelson"
Дата:
Correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't work if there are additional tables that rely on the table to be dropped for RI constraints.

culley