Обсуждение: is there any replacement for a cursor

is there any replacement for a cursor

От
srinivas
Дата:
can iknow is there any replacement for a cursor in postgresql if soon
please send me the information as soon as u can.waiting for ur reply.
cheers
 chowdary.

Re: is there any replacement for a cursor

От
Keary Suska
Дата:
Not as easy a one. The next best alternative would be using a temporary
table and LIMIT clauses, but I am not sure how that compares performance
wide as well as why you want to avoid cursors in the first place. There has
been a discussion regarding maintaining a persistent selection for web
application use, where cursors aren't always the best soution.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.