Обсуждение: Is Perl compiled into Version?

Is Perl compiled into Version?

От
R Talbot
Дата:
I compiled the source to roll my Postgresql installation on 4 machines.
 However that was in June 2001.  I had some problems getting  the
install
to compile with java  ant  from Apache ( my own error). My intention was
compile and install with switches for  java .. perl.. tk/tcl and
python..

 Well I have misplaced my notes and I don't remember if I compiled for
what languages.
  How can I check Postgresql and its' install to find out just what
I did do??

I don't want to continue trying to produce perl code or cgi or try to
install DBI
because if something doesn't work I won't be sure if the problem lies
with my
Postgresql install or my Perl..

thank you

Bob T

Re: Is Perl compiled into Version?

От
R Talbot
R Talbot wrote:

> I compiled the source to roll my Postgresql installation on 4 machines.
>  However that was in June 2001.  I had some problems getting  the
> install
> to compile with java  ant  from Apache ( my own error). My intention was
> compile and install with switches for  java .. perl.. tk/tcl and
> python..
>
>  Well I have misplaced my notes and I don't remember if I compiled for
> what languages.
>   How can I check Postgresql and its' install to find out just what
> I did do??
>
> I don't want to continue trying to produce perl code or cgi or try to
> install DBI
> because if something doesn't work I won't be sure if the problem lies
> with my
> Postgresql install or my Perl..
>
> thank you
>
> Bob T

Still looking.. I assume certain perl modules were installed but
their names are???  and the location dir is ????

Bob T

Re: Is Perl compiled into Version?

От
postgres@vsservices.com
Дата:
On Thursday 13 September 2001 06:13, R Talbot wrote:

> Still looking.. I assume certain perl modules were installed but
> their names are???  and the location dir is ????
>
> Bob T

Try doing a perldoc perllocal.  It should tell you where the module
was installed into.

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek