Обсуждение: Red Hat Database Development

Red Hat Database Development

От
Patrick Macdonald
Дата:
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself
and the Red Hat Database development team to the PostgreSQL
community.  We are pure engineering team (development,
test and technical writing) based at the Red Hat Canada
engineering office in Toronto.

We have been investigating the PostgreSQL code for several
months and are very excited about working with the community.
We are currently evaluating the TODO list to determine which
items best suit our team size and skill set.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free
to contact me directly or through the newsgroups.  We look
forward to becoming involved with the PostgreSQL community.

Cheers,

Patrick
---
Patrick Macdonald
Red Hat Canada

Re: Red Hat Database Development

От
"Andy Samuel"
Дата:
Welcome aboard !

It is my wish that your team ( Red Had Team ) will boost PostgreSQL
development.

Warm regards
Andy

> I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself
> and the Red Hat Database development team to the PostgreSQL
> community.  We are pure engineering team (development,
> test and technical writing) based at the Red Hat Canada
> engineering office in Toronto.
>
> We have been investigating the PostgreSQL code for several
> months and are very excited about working with the community.
> We are currently evaluating the TODO list to determine which
> items best suit our team size and skill set.
>
> If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free
> to contact me directly or through the newsgroups.  We look
> forward to becoming involved with the PostgreSQL community.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick
> ---
> Patrick Macdonald
> Red Hat Canada

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Re: Red Hat Database Development

От
"Rob Arnold"
Дата:
Patrick,

While I am not an active participant in the development of PostgreSQL, I am
an active user of PostgreSQL on RedHat and have been for some time.

I'm glad to see RedHat putting effort into the project and I welcome your
team's involvement.

--rob

Rob Arnold
Cabrion Limited

> I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself
> and the Red Hat Database development team to the PostgreSQL
> community.  We are pure engineering team (development,
> test and technical writing) based at the Red Hat Canada
> engineering office in Toronto.
>
> We have been investigating the PostgreSQL code for several
> months and are very excited about working with the community.
> We are currently evaluating the TODO list to determine which
> items best suit our team size and skill set.
>
> If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free
> to contact me directly or through the newsgroups.  We look
> forward to becoming involved with the PostgreSQL community.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick
> ---
> Patrick Macdonald
> Red Hat Canada

Re: Red Hat Database Development

От
robn@verdi.et.tudelft.nl (Rob van Nieuwkerk)
Дата:
Patrick Macdonald <patrickm@redhat.com> wrote:

>I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself
>and the Red Hat Database development team to the PostgreSQL
>community.  We are pure engineering team (development,
>test and technical writing) based at the Red Hat Canada
>engineering office in Toronto.
>
>We have been investigating the PostgreSQL code for several
>months and are very excited about working with the community.
>We are currently evaluating the TODO list to determine which
>items best suit our team size and skill set.
>
>If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free
>to contact me directly or through the newsgroups.  We look
>forward to becoming involved with the PostgreSQL community.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Patrick
>---
>Patrick Macdonald
>Red Hat Canada

Hi Patrick,

Good to hear this !

And I'll abuse this opportunity to ask for the thing we miss most in
PostgreSQL: database replication (just simple master-slave will do).

As a matter of fact it is the *only* thing we miss in PG.  It would be
really cool if progress could be made in this area !
(yes we know about rserv and several other things)

    Friendly Greetings,
    Rob van Nieuwkerk