Обсуждение: Run a create object script ???

Run a create object script ???

От
Darshan.wakchaure@Vashimail.ltitl.com

I have written all the script in a db.txt file, how to call the script from the
file???
In Oracle one can issue $ @filename and the job get done, whats the relative
option in POSTGRES ???

DArshan

Re: Run a create object script ???

От
Tod McQuillin
Дата:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 Darshan.wakchaure@Vashimail.ltitl.com wrote:

> I have written all the script in a db.txt file, how to call the script from the
> file???
> In Oracle one can issue $ @filename and the job get done, whats the relative
> option in POSTGRES ???

\i filename

use \? for a complete list.
--
Tod McQuillin

Can't get lock for vacuum

От
Jean-Arthur Silve
Дата:
Hi !

Last day, when I did a vacuum, postgres crashes.

Now It works fine, but I can't do VACUMM, the error message is something
like "Can't get lock. Is another Vacuum running ?"

What can I do to reactivate the vacuum ?

thank you.
EuroVox
4, place Félix Eboue
75583 Paris Cedex 12
Tel : 01 44 67 05 05
Fax : 01 44 67 05 19
Web : http://www.eurovox.fr

Re: Can't get lock for vacuum

Дата:
Jean-Arthur Silve <jeanarthur@eurovox.fr> writes:
> Now It works fine, but I can't do VACUMM, the error message is something
> like "Can't get lock. Is another Vacuum running ?"

> What can I do to reactivate the vacuum ?

There's a file named something pretty obvious (pg_vlock, IIRC) in the
$PGDATA/base/yourdb/ directory.  Remove it.

Also, consider updating to a more recent version of Postgres ;-)

            regards, tom lane

Re: Run a create object script ???

От
"Atul"
use \i option followed by the path of the file which contains the script