Обсуждение: oid

oid

От
Toomas Gavrilin
Дата:
Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but ...
Is there any way to get rid of postgres automatic generation of
system attribute column 'oid'? The problem is, that we've used for years
in our system tables attribute called oid (could be described as
varbit(16)), since there hasn't been any problems with other database
platforms.

best,
toomas.

Re: oid

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Toomas Gavrilin writes:

> Is there any way to get rid of postgres automatic generation of
> system attribute column 'oid'?

No.

Re: oid

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Toomas Gavrilin wrote:

> Sorry if my question sounds stupid, but ...
> Is there any way to get rid of postgres automatic generation of
> system attribute column 'oid'? The problem is, that we've used for years
> in our system tables attribute called oid (could be described as
> varbit(16)), since there hasn't been any problems with other database
> platforms.

I don't believe so.  There's been some talk about making oid optional
on tables in the future (although that might not free up the name).