Обсуждение: install pgSQL 7.1

install pgSQL 7.1

От
"datactrl"
Дата:
I down load pgSQL v 7.1rc1-1 rpm from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/test-rpms/. When I install it, there is a dependency check error for libpg.so.2 & libreadline.so.4.1. My server is running RH 6.2. Do I have to upgrade to RH 7.x?

Re: install pgSQL 7.1

От
Nils Zonneveld

datactrl wrote:

> I down load pgSQL v 7.1rc1-1 rpm from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/test=
> -rpms/. When I install it, there is a dependency check error for libpg.so.2=
>  & libreadline.so.4.1. My server is running RH 6.2. Do I have to upgrade to=
>  RH 7.x?

Try the source install, personally I found it easier and more convenient
to install from the source tar.gz file in stead of RPM (My Suse system
supports RPM, but Im not a big fan of RPM). BTW do you have a new
install or an upgrade?

Regards,

Nils Zonneveld

Re: install pgSQL 7.1

От
Joel Burton
Дата:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Nils Zonneveld wrote:

> > I down load pgSQL v 7.1rc1-1 rpm from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/test=
> > -rpms/. When I install it, there is a dependency check error for libpg.so.2=
> >  & libreadline.so.4.1. My server is running RH 6.2. Do I have to upgrade to=
> >  RH 7.x?

YMMV, but I've always just --force'd my way around libreadline problems,
and created a softlink to libreadline.so.4 in /usr/lib.

The libpg limitation seems different, tho' -- have you upgraded to all the
other PG 7.1 RPMs?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

Re: install pgSQL 7.1

От
Nils Zonneveld

Joel Burton wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Nils Zonneveld wrote:
>
> > > I down load pgSQL v 7.1rc1-1 rpm from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/test=
> > > -rpms/. When I install it, there is a dependency check error for libpg.so.2=
> > >  & libreadline.so.4.1. My server is running RH 6.2. Do I have to upgrade to=
> > >  RH 7.x?
>
> YMMV, but I've always just --force'd my way around libreadline problems,
> and created a softlink to libreadline.so.4 in /usr/lib.
>
> The libpg limitation seems different, tho' -- have you upgraded to all the
> other PG 7.1 RPMs?

That was actually not me ur qouting :-)

Nils