Обсуждение: PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?

PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?

От
"Gary Huntress"
Дата:
Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent for the MySQL program mysqladmin?   My
system load jumped and using top I saw that it was due to postmaster.  With
mysqladmin I can show the mysql processlist and see the list of connections
and who is doing what.  I've looked through the indexes for all the
documentation at http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/ (and I've read
most of them) but I don't see an equivalent function.

What is the best way to do mundane things like list active users and their
state, list stats about the server (mysqladmin will list uptime, number of
queries issued, queries per second etc), kill a user, etc?   Can psql do
this or do I need a seperate client?

Gary "SuperID" Huntress
FreeSQL.org offering free database hosting to developers
Visit http://www.freesql.org

Re: PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?

Дата:
> Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent for the MySQL program mysqladmin?   My
> system load jumped and using top I saw that it was due to postmaster.  With
> mysqladmin I can show the mysql processlist and see the list of connections
> and who is doing what.  I've looked through the indexes for all the
> documentation at http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/ (and I've read
> most of them) but I don't see an equivalent function.
>
> What is the best way to do mundane things like list active users and their
> state, list stats about the server (mysqladmin will list uptime, number of
> queries issued, queries per second etc), kill a user, etc?   Can psql do
> this or do I need a seperate client?

Sure, try my new pgmonitor tool:

    http://greatbridge.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php

Re: PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > What is the best way to do mundane things like list active users and their
> > state, list stats about the server (mysqladmin will list uptime, number of
> > queries issued, queries per second etc), kill a user, etc?   Can psql do
> > this or do I need a seperate client?
>
> Sure, try my new pgmonitor tool:
>
>     http://greatbridge.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php

It says "invalid project specified", but you can reach it through
http://greatbridge.com/browse.php?85

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]atentus.com>)

Re: PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?

Дата:
Just worked for me:

    http://greatbridge.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php

Strange.

> On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > What is the best way to do mundane things like list active users and their
> > > state, list stats about the server (mysqladmin will list uptime, number of
> > > queries issued, queries per second etc), kill a user, etc?   Can psql do
> > > this or do I need a seperate client?
> >
> > Sure, try my new pgmonitor tool:
> >
> >     http://greatbridge.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php
>
> It says "invalid project specified", but you can reach it through
> http://greatbridge.com/browse.php?85
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]atentus.com>)

Re: PostgreSQL admin or monitor program?

От
"Mitch Vincent"
Дата:
Sort of funny but the one Bruce gave works fine, the one you give throws a
404 error :-)

-Mitch
Software development :
You can have it cheap, fast or working. Choose two.