Обсуждение: Problem with large tables

Problem with large tables

От
"Hector Miranda"
Дата:
Hello!

I'm working with Posgresql 7.0.3 on Red Hat linux 6.2. When I make the
following query "select * from mytable" (2000000 rows), I get the message:
"Backend sent D message whitout prior T" or
"Backend sent B message whitout prior T"

What is the problem?

Plese help me

Thanks

Re: Problem with large tables

Дата:
"Hector Miranda" <hamg1@hotmail.com> writes:
> I'm working with Posgresql 7.0.3 on Red Hat linux 6.2. When I make the
> following query "select * from mytable" (2000000 rows),

You're running out of application memory for the query result.  (libpq
doesn't recover from that too gracefully, unfortunately.)  Consider
using a cursor to fetch the data in more manageable chunks.

            regards, tom lane