Обсуждение: Out of date security docs

Out of date security docs

От
Adam Haberlach
Дата:
This seems pretty out-of-date, since we seem to have had a 'CREATE GROUP' command
for as long as I can remember -- are there any more accurate docs out there?
How would I go about updating them?

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/security17760.htm

/***/
Currently, there is no easy interface to set up user groups. You have to
explicitly insert/update the pg_group table. For example:

jolly=> insert into pg_group (groname, grosysid, grolist)
jolly=>     values ('posthackers', '1234', '{5443, 8261}');
INSERT 548224
jolly=> grant insert on foo to group posthackers;
CHANGE
jolly=>
/***/

--
Adam Haberlach            |
adam@newsnipple.com       | http://youlook.org

Re: Out of date security docs

Дата:
Adam Haberlach <adam@newsnipple.com> writes:
> This seems pretty out-of-date, since we seem to have had a 'CREATE GROUP' command
> for as long as I can remember -- are there any more accurate docs out there?
> How would I go about updating them?

> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/security17760.htm

The 7.0 docs are out of date by definition ;-).  Take a look at the
development docs; if you don't like 'em, feel free to submit a patch
against the SGML sources.

Right offhand, the specific item you complain of seems to be fixed,
but that doesn't mean there's not plenty more work to do ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Out of date security docs

От
Einar Karttunen
Дата:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Adam Haberlach wrote:

> This seems pretty out-of-date, since we seem to have had a 'CREATE GROUP' command
> for as long as I can remember -- are there any more accurate docs out there?
> How would I go about updating them?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/security17760.htm
>
> /***/
> Currently, there is no easy interface to set up user groups. You have to
> explicitly insert/update the pg_group table. For example:
>
> jolly=> insert into pg_group (groname, grosysid, grolist)
> jolly=>     values ('posthackers', '1234', '{5443, 8261}');
> INSERT 548224
> jolly=> grant insert on foo to group posthackers;
> CHANGE
> jolly=>
> /***/

The easiest thing to do is to write a small utility to do this. Here is a
litle perlscript (as attachement) that does the inserting feel free to use
it. You need DBI and DBD::Pg to use it.

- Einar Karttunen

Вложения