Обсуждение: Infinate Loop during gmake

Infinate Loop during gmake

От
"johnchildress"
Дата:
Hello,

I tried to look for the answer before posting, but I couldn't find anything.
I am attempting to install Postgres on Redhat 7 (or 6.2) and after I run
"./configure", then "gmake" the install enters an "infinate loop".

Am I missing something really stupid?  I swear that I had installed before
with none of these problems.

Thanks for any help,

John

Re: Infinate Loop during gmake

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
johnchildress writes:

> I tried to look for the answer before posting, but I couldn't find anything.
> I am attempting to install Postgres on Redhat 7 (or 6.2) and after I run
> "./configure", then "gmake" the install enters an "infinate loop".

What PostgreSQL version?  What gmake version?  If your gmake version is
not 3.76.1 or 3.79.1, then consider installing one of those two.

How does the infinite loop manifest itself?  Is there anything on the
screen?

Re: Infinate Loop during gmake

От
"johnchildress"
Дата:
Peter,

I am sorry for wasting your time.  My problem had nothing to do with
PostgreSQL.  My system time was incorrect, it had a year of 1980.  When I
corrected this the install went great.

Thanks,

John