Обсуждение: AllocSetAlloc()

AllocSetAlloc()

От
Antonis Antoniou
Дата:
Hi,
I would like  to know what is causing this error. The machine has 1GB of
memory and I use  PostgreSQL 7.1beta4.
The same function on  PostgreSQL 7.0.2  works ok.  Could someone explain
me  what this error means and where to look in order to solve it?

select  function_name;
ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()

Re: AllocSetAlloc()

Дата:
Antonis Antoniou <a.antoniou@albourne.com> writes:
> I would like  to know what is causing this error. The machine has 1GB of
> memory and I use  PostgreSQL 7.1beta4.
> The same function on  PostgreSQL 7.0.2  works ok.  Could someone explain
> me  what this error means and where to look in order to solve it?
> select  function_name;
> ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()

If it worked in 7.0 and fails now, then that probably means we have a
bug to fix.  May we see a complete, reproducible example?

            regards, tom lane

Re: AllocSetAlloc()

Дата:
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
> ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
>>
>> If it worked in 7.0 and fails now, then that probably means we have a
>> bug to fix.  May we see a complete, reproducible example?
>>

>  This error returns aset.c only if malloc() ruturs NULL. Not is a proble in
> OS/libs?

Not necessarily.  Certainly aset.c thinks it's run out of memory, but why?
It could be some bit of our code computing a ridiculous request size,
for example, or a serious memory leak under the right conditions.
That's why I want to see Antonis' example.

            regards, tom lane

Re: AllocSetAlloc()

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Antonis Antoniou <a.antoniou@albourne.com> writes:
> > I would like  to know what is causing this error. The machine has 1GB of
> > memory and I use  PostgreSQL 7.1beta4.
> > The same function on  PostgreSQL 7.0.2  works ok.  Could someone explain
> > me  what this error means and where to look in order to solve it?
> > select  function_name;
> > ERROR:  Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
>
> If it worked in 7.0 and fails now, then that probably means we have a
> bug to fix.  May we see a complete, reproducible example?

 This error returns aset.c only if malloc() ruturs NULL. Not is a proble in
OS/libs?

        Karel