Обсуждение: postgres load

postgres load

От
Emmanuel Pierre
Дата:
I republish my question for I had no answer, and this is a serious
problem to me... I've used explain, vacuum, indexes... and so on, few
nested requests...

----
I am running PGSql 7.0.3 over Linux 2/ELF with a ReiserFS
filesystem,
Bi-P3 800 and 2Gb of RAM.

        My database jump from 8 in load to 32 without any real reason
nor too
much requests.

        I already do vacuum even on the fly ifever that can decrease
load, but
nothing...

        I've done many indexed also...

        Can someone help me ?

                Emmanuel

--
EDENJOB / APR-Job

Email: epierre@apr-job.com                Home:    www.apr-job.com
Phone: +33 1 47 81 02 41                  Tatoo: +33 6 57 60 42 17
Fax:   +33 1 41 92 91 54                  eFAX:  +44 0870-122-6748

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither EDENJOB/APR-JOB or affiliates shall be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: postgres load

От
"Richard Huxton"
From: "Emmanuel Pierre" <epierre@apr-job.com>

> I republish my question for I had no answer, and this is a serious
> problem to me... I've used explain, vacuum, indexes... and so on, few
> nested requests...

Doesn't appear to be on the list.

> ----
> I am running PGSql 7.0.3 over Linux 2/ELF with a ReiserFS
> filesystem,
> Bi-P3 800 and 2Gb of RAM.
>
>         My database jump from 8 in load to 32 without any real reason
> nor too
> much requests.

There _will_ be a reason - what is top telling you?

>         I already do vacuum even on the fly ifever that can decrease
> load, but
> nothing...

Are you executing a particular query/set of queries when this happens? We'll
need more information I'm afraid.

- Richard Huxton

RE: postgres load

От
"Joseph"
Дата:
I thought of using ReiserFS myself.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Joseph

[...]

Denis Perchine
Дата:
On Wednesday 21 February 2001 01:19, Joseph wrote:
> I republish my question for I had no answer, and this is a serious
> problem to me... I've used explain, vacuum, indexes... and so on, few
> nested requests...

Do not use ReiserFS on production machines. There are still enormous amount
of bugs includig data corruption, etc. See recent linux-kernel discussions
for details. That's why what you expiriencing is possible.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com