Обсуждение: Regression test questions.

Regression test questions.

От
Warren Vanichuk
Дата:
Greetings.

I'm compiling up PostgreSQL 7.0.03 on a Ultra60 running Solaris 8.  It
compiles fine, but there are some questions I have regarding the parallel
regression tests that I performed afterwards.

During the tests I get the folloing errors from the script :

sequential test create_function_1    ...  ./run_check.sh: sql/create_function_1.sql: cannot open
diff: expected/create_function_1.out: No such file or directory

sequential test create_function_2    ...  ./run_check.sh: sql/create_function_2.sql: cannot open
diff: expected/create_function_2.out: No such file or directory

sequential test copy                 ...  ./run_check.sh: sql/copy.sql: cannot open
diff: expected/copy.out: No such file or directory

parallel group3 (6 tests)            ...
./run_check.sh: sql/constraints.sql: cannot open
 constraints  create_aggregate  create_operator  create_misc  triggers  create_index
           test constraints          ...  diff: expected/constraints.out: No such file or directory

sequential test misc                 ...  ./run_check.sh: sql/misc.sql: cannot open
diff: expected/misc.out: No such file or directory

And things such as create_views, create_index, btree_index and other
wonderful things are failing the regression test.

Is this normal?  Should I be worried about this, or is this a shortcoming in
the tests themselves?

Sincerely, Warren

Re: Regression test questions.

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Warren Vanichuk writes:

> I'm compiling up PostgreSQL 7.0.03 on a Ultra60 running Solaris 8.  It
> compiles fine, but there are some questions I have regarding the parallel
> regression tests that I performed afterwards.
>
> During the tests I get the folloing errors from the script :
>
> sequential test create_function_1    ...  ./run_check.sh: sql/create_function_1.sql: cannot open
> diff: expected/create_function_1.out: No such file or directory

You didn't run 'make all' before 'make runtests'.