Обсуждение: tmp_pg_shadow

tmp_pg_shadow

От
Robert Dege
Дата:
I'm trying to do a pg_dumpall & receive this error message:

ERROR:  cannot create tmp_pg_shadow
ERROR:  COPY command failed.  Class tmp_pg_shadow does not exist.
ERROR:  Relation 'tmp_pg_shadow' does not exist

I'm running postgres 6.5.2.  Does anybody have any insight as to why
this is occuring?

Thank you
-Rob

Re: tmp_pg_shadow

Дата:
Robert Dege <rcd@amherst.com> writes:
> I'm trying to do a pg_dumpall & receive this error message:
> ERROR:  cannot create tmp_pg_shadow

Is it possible there is a physical file tmp_pg_shadow in your database
directory?  If so, try removing it.

BTW, I'd recommend an update to 7.0.3 at your earliest convenience...

            regards, tom lane

Re: tmp_pg_shadow

От
Robert Dege
Дата:
I am attempting to upgrade to 7.0.3 -- hence the dumpall command.

There was a zero size file in template1 that was causing the problem.
Thanks for the help.

<<Idiot... I should've thought of something simple like that>>

Thanks
-Rob

> Robert Dege <rcd@amherst.com> writes:
> > I'm trying to do a pg_dumpall & receive this error message:
> > ERROR:  cannot create tmp_pg_shadow
>
> Is it possible there is a physical file tmp_pg_shadow in your database
> directory?  If so, try removing it.
>
> BTW, I'd recommend an update to 7.0.3 at your earliest convenience...
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Re: Re: tmp_pg_shadow

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Robert Dege wrote:

> I am attempting to upgrade to 7.0.3 -- hence the dumpall command.
>
> There was a zero size file in template1 that was causing the problem.
> Thanks for the help.
>
> <<Idiot... I should've thought of something simple like that>>

    Not  too  bad  to  ask  anyway.  We have seen people assuming
    pg_log is  some  kind  of  unimportant  logfile  who  thought
    shrinking  it  is a good way to free some space - well it was
    because it required an initdb run finally :-)

Jan