Обсуждение: very simple: How can I multiply tables?

very simple: How can I multiply tables?

От
"Mikhail V. Majorov"
Дата:
Hi, question

How can I multiply tables using SELECT?

Table 1

id     surname
--------------
1    AAA
2    BBB
3    CCC
4    DDD

Table 2

dt
---
12
35

RESULT

id    surname        dt
---------------------------
1    AAA        12
2    BBB        12
3    CCC        12
4    DDD        12
1    AAA        35
2    BBB        35
3    CCC        35
4    DDD        35

Re: very simple: How can I multiply tables?

От
Heiko Irrgang
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:49:01PM +0300, Mikhail V. Majorov wrote:
> Hi, question
>
> How can I multiply tables using SELECT?
>
> Table 1
>
> id     surname
> --------------
> 1    AAA
>
> Table 2
>
> dt
> ---
> 12
>
> RESULT
>
> id    surname        dt
> ---------------------------
> 1    AAA        12

I think what you want is the following:
table1:
id surename
===========
1  AAA

table2:
id dt
=====
1  12

select table1.id as id, table1.surname as surname, table2.dt as dt from table1, table2 where table1.id = table2.id;

--
SC-Networks                             www: www.SC-Networks.de
Web Design, Netzwerke,

82377 Penzberg                          Mail: Irrgang@SC-Networks.de

RE: very simple: How can I multiply tables?

От
Michael Ansley

INSERT INTO table3 (id, surname, dt) SELECT table1.id, table1.surname, table2.dt FROM table1, table2;
or
CREATE TABLE table3 AS SELECT table1.id, table1.surname, table2.dt FROM table1, table2;

It's called a cross-join.

Cheers...

MikeA