Обсуждение: Problems installing version 7.1beta4

Problems installing version 7.1beta4

От
Einar Karttunen
Дата:
After compiling and installing the beta with configure with
no extra options on a redhat 6.1 system initdb complained
The program '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres' needed by initdb does not
belong to
PostgreSQL version 7.1beta4.  Check your installation.
However the executable is created by the installation. Anyone had the
same problem? Is there any way to get the db working? Because I
need outer joins I cannot use the 7.03.

- Einar Karttunen

Re: Problems installing version 7.1beta4

От
Alessio Bragadini
Дата:
Einar Karttunen wrote:

> The program '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres' needed by initdb does not
> belong to
> PostgreSQL version 7.1beta4.  Check your installation.

See previous thread. You must not run it as root.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
        -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925

Re: Problems installing version 7.1beta4

От
"Tim Barnard"
Дата:
If you're sure your're su-ed into "postgres", check the permissions on the
directory your trying to create the database in. I got that same error and
eventually figured out and fixed it when the directory I was trying to
create it in didn't have "write" permission. Yes, it's a strange error to
get for a permissions problem :-)

Regards,

Tim