Обсуждение: Postgres users/groups

Postgres users/groups

От
"Adam Lang"
Дата:
Postgres can only do authentication with its internal scheme correct?  It is
not possible to plug in another "module"?

Example:  I have windows desktops and run samba for my sharing and
authentication.  Is it possible to have postgres validate based on the samba
PAM module or something so as to avoid multiple authentication schemes?

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com

Re: Postgres users/groups

От
Richard Huxton
Adam Lang wrote:

> Postgres can only do authentication with its internal scheme correct?  It is
> not possible to plug in another "module"?

it can use a file similar to /etc/passwd or kerberos detail in the html
docs (administrator section)

> Example:  I have windows desktops and run samba for my sharing and
> authentication.  Is it possible to have postgres validate based on the samba
> PAM module or something so as to avoid multiple authentication schemes?

Don't think it knows anything about PAM, but you should be able to
generate a text file of user:passwd from /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow if
you're using crypt.

- Richard Huxton