Обсуждение: Foreign Keys

Foreign Keys

От
""
Дата:
I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems to
be the problem?

Re: Foreign Keys

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, <No Name> wrote:

> I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems to
> be the problem?

They are not supported in that version.  You need to upgrade to 7.x for
foreign key support.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
She often gave herself very good advice (though she very seldom followed it).
        -- Lewis Carroll

Re: Foreign Keys

От
Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez

"" schrieb:

> I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems to
> be the problem?

Foreign keys are support from postgresql version 7.x! You have to
upgrade
to postgresql 7.x if you want to use this feature!

Best Regards,

José Manuel Lorenzo López

** José Manuel Lorenzo López                                        **
**                                                                  **
** ICA Informationssysteme Consulting & Anwendungsgesellschaft mbH  **
** Dept. SAP Basis R/3  VBue                                        **
**                                                                  **
** e-mail to: jose-manuel.lorenzo-lopez@conti.de                    **

Re: Foreign Keys

От
"Per-Olof Petterson"
Дата:
As far as I know foreign keys are not supported by 6.5.

That's why I use 7.x.x =)

It does not make any complaints about putting the foreign keys there but it
does not do anything with them either.

Regards

Per-Olof Pettersson

"<No Name>" <bobmarley4u2c@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems to

> be the problem?

"<No Name>" <bobmarley4u2c@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems to
> be the problem?

Re: Foreign Keys

От
""
Дата:
So with 7.xx foreign keys don't work???

Per-Olof Petterson wrote in message <95dar7$15nu$1@news.tht.net>...
>As far as I know foreign keys are not supported by 6.5.
>
>That's why I use 7.x.x =)
>

>It does not make any complaints about putting the foreign keys there but it
>does not do anything with them either.
>

>Regards
>
>Per-Olof Pettersson
>

>"<No Name>" <bobmarley4u2c@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems
>
>> be the problem?
>

>"<No Name>" <bobmarley4u2c@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have PostgreSQL 6.5, and I can't get foreign keys to work! What seems
>> be the problem?

Re: Re: Foreign Keys

От
Einar Karttunen
Дата:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, <No Name> wrote:
> So with 7.xx foreign keys don't work???

version 7.0
Foreign keys are implemented, with the exception of PARTIAL MATCH foreign keys.
in 7.1 beta
Allow PRIMARY/FOREIGN Key definitions on inherited columns.

- Einar

Re: Re: Foreign Keys

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, <No Name> wrote:

> So with 7.xx foreign keys don't work???

They most certainly do.  Not sure what Per-Olof Petterson meant by this:

> >It does not make any complaints about putting the foreign keys there but it
> >does not do anything with them either.

I use them all the time and they will scream if you tryo to violate
integrity.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
The solution of problems is the most characteristic and peculiar sort
of voluntary thinking.
        -- William James

Re: Foreign Keys

От
"Gregory Wood"
Дата:
Foreign keys *do* work with 7.x.x. I think he means that 6.5 doesn't
complain about the foreign keys... it just ignores them.

Greg