Обсуждение: Perl Interface Documentation

Perl Interface Documentation

От
Aaron Brown
Дата:
I cannot find documentation for the Perl interface, Pg.pm.  I was running PostgreSQL version 6.x on a SuSE box.  The
RPMsincluded a man page for Pg.pm.  I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0, which contains PostgreSQL 7.0, and I cannot find
documentationfor Pg.pm.  I have also looked in the HTML documentation on-line, and the Perl interface is no longer
mentioned.

Is there still a manpage for Pg.pm?  Has the Perl interface been deprecated?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Perl Interface Documentation

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Aaron Brown wrote:

> I cannot find documentation for the Perl interface, Pg.pm.  I was
> running PostgreSQL version 6.x on a SuSE box.  The RPMs included a man
> page for Pg.pm.  I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0, which contains
> PostgreSQL 7.0, and I cannot find documentation for Pg.pm.  I have
> also looked in the HTML documentation on-line, and the Perl interface
> is no longer mentioned.
>
> Is there still a manpage for Pg.pm?  Has the Perl interface been
> deprecated?

'perldoc Pg' will give you all of the documentation, if the Perl module
has been installed.

There's also the DBD::Pg documentation, if you have it installed.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
panic: kernel trap (ignored)

Re: Perl Interface Documentation

От
Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez

Aaron Brown schrieb:

> I cannot find documentation for the Perl interface, Pg.pm.  I was running PostgreSQL version 6.x on a SuSE box.  The
RPMsincluded a man page for Pg.pm.  I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0, which contains PostgreSQL 7.0, and I cannot find
documentationfor Pg.pm.  I have also looked in the HTML documentation on-line, and the Perl interface is no longer
mentioned.

> Is there still a manpage for Pg.pm?  Has the Perl interface been deprecated?

Hello Aaron,

check 'perldoc Pg' for the Perl interface docs!

Best Regards,

José Manuel Lorenzo López

** José Manuel Lorenzo López                                        **
**                                                                  **
** ICA Informationssysteme Consulting & Anwendungsgesellschaft mbH  **
** Dept. SAP Basis R/3  VBue                                        **
**                                                                  **
** e-mail to: jose-manuel.lorenzo-lopez@conti.de                    **

Re: Perl Interface Documentation

От
Alex Pilosov
Дата:
Pg.pm may be in a different RPM from the one containing database itself.
Not knowing how SuSE packages things, its hard to tell...

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Aaron Brown wrote:

> I cannot find documentation for the Perl interface, Pg.pm.  I was
> running PostgreSQL version 6.x on a SuSE box.  The RPMs included a man
> page for Pg.pm.  I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0, which contains
> PostgreSQL 7.0, and I cannot find documentation for Pg.pm.  I have
> also looked in the HTML documentation on-line, and the Perl interface
> is no longer mentioned.
>
> Is there still a manpage for Pg.pm?  Has the Perl interface been
> deprecated?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Re: Perl Interface Documentation

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Alex Pilosov wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Aaron Brown wrote:
> > Is there still a manpage for Pg.pm?  Has the Perl interface been
> > deprecated?

> Pg.pm may be in a different RPM from the one containing database itself.
> Not knowing how SuSE packages things, its hard to tell...

IIRC, for SuSE 7.0 the RPM containing Pg.pm is still pgperl -- so issue
a 'rpm -ql pgperl' query and note the location of Pg.3*.  I use Pg.3*
because I'm not sure if the SuSE man pages are compressed.

Or try 'perldoc Pg' and see what is spit out.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio