Обсуждение: increase WAL_FILES

increase WAL_FILES

От
"Thomas T. Thai"
Дата:
how do i increase WAL_FILES and why is it telling me to do that?

DEBUG:  Index url_url: Pages 30242; Tuples 457116: Deleted 0. CPU
3.98s/3.42u sec.
DEBUG:  Index url_crc: Pages 7874; Tuples 457116: Deleted 0. CPU
1.08s/3.15u sec.
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  Rel url: Pages: 20975 --> 20975; Tuple(s) moved: 0. CPU
5.89s/4.78u sec.
DEBUG:  --Relation pg_relcheck--

Re: increase WAL_FILES

Дата:
"Thomas T. Thai" <tom@minnesota.com> writes:
> how do i increase WAL_FILES and why is it telling me to do that?

See
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/wal.htm
particularly the part about configuration parameters.

> DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - try to increase WAL_FILES

I don't much like the wording of this message.  Seems like
  DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
would convey the idea more accurately.  Comments, better ideas?

            regards, tom lane

Re: increase WAL_FILES

От
"Thomas T. Thai"
> > how do i increase WAL_FILES and why is it telling me to do that?
>
> See
> http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/wal.htm
> particularly the part about configuration parameters.

what are the defaults for WAL params? it would be nice if the doc stated
what the defaults were so we know from where to raise the #.